The international specialized exhibition on packaging machines and its technologies and solutions, UPAKOVKA 2020, was held in Moscow from 28th to 31st January in Expocentre on Krasnaya Presnya. This year, the exhibition was held for the fourth time as part of the Interpack Alliance.
POLO Handels AG took part in UPAKOVKA 2020 with a booth, where the SVE 2520 machine for continuous vertical packaging machines from Syntegon Technology (formerly Bosch Packaging Technology) was presented. In addition, at our booth, visitors could have a unique experience with packaging machines thanks to VR technology. Our booth attracted a lot of visitors, and our team worked non-stop telling about solutions, packaging machines, service and papers to visitors.
Polo suppliers at the Upakovka 2020
We would like to express our gratitude to our partners who came to take part in UPAKOVKA 2020 this year:
- Bauermeister – your specialist in industrial grinding solutions & size reductioning (e.g. sugar)
- Syntegon Technology Ampack – liquid filling machines (formerly Bosch Packaging Technology)
- Syntegon Technology Remshalden – flexible, vertical and horizontal case packer, optimize packing of secondary cases, half Slotted Containers and other shelf-ready packaging styles (formerly Bosch Packaging Technology)
- Syntegon Technology Tevopharm – horizontal packaging machines, horizontal flow wrappers, infeed and distribution systems (formerly Bosch Packaging Technology)
- Syntegon Technology Viersen – Confectionery processing – Confectionery packaging machinery (formerly Bosch Packaging Technology)
- FMT – process technology for the food industry, filling and closing, pasteurization
- Sapal – high-tech packaging machines or complete packaging lines for chocolate, cheese and bouillon industries
- Koehler Paper Group – flexible packaging – carbonless, recycable, thermal, fine and decor papers that suit your demands
Visitors are always interested in hearing directly from a representative of the company all the advantages of their packaging machines, features of the packaging process and the opportunity to directly ask questions.
We were very happy getting to know new potential clients as well as meeting loyal Polo customer. It was a great opportunity for us to discuss business over a cup of coffee and talk about new products from our suppliers.
Facts and Figures of the Upakovka 2020
Some interesting figures of the UPAKOVKA 2020 exhibition:
- Total exhibition area: 3.500 m2
- Number of visitors: 24.950
- Number of exhibitors: 250
UPAKOVKA 2020 presented solutions for all target groups of the industry: food production, bakery products, confectionery, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, consumer (non-food) products, industrial products and beverages. This wide range of exhibitors allows visitors and customers to quickly find the best solutions for their own production.
The exhibitors of the UPAKOVKA 2020 are among the largest Russian and foreign manufacturers and suppliers of packaging machines and equipment, equipment for printing, marking and barcoding, finished packaging and various packaging materials. The exhibition was attended by more than 250 companies, among which you can find manufacturers from Russia and more than 30 other countries. Special national expositions from Germany, Italy, Turkey and China were also presented.
Packaging innovations and trends at the Upakovka 2020
As part of the business program of the international specialized exhibition of the packaging industry UPAKOVKA 2020, many interesting presentations were held on the following topics: food and packaging engineering – market and trends; current state and prospects for the development of the packaging market; environmental solutions in the world of packaging, and more. It is worth noting the following important theses of the speakers:
1) most solutions in packaging industry, in addition to the mandatory environmental component, have more functionality, help the customer to optimize costs, and of course allow consumers make the consumption of the product more secure;
To comment the statement above, we want to emphasize the direct link between product quality and packaging. Our suppliers are the best manufacturers of high-quality packaging machines that can guarantee the safety of your product and its properties.
One of the speakers during the business program at UPAKOVKA 2020 paid attention to the eco-friendly solutions in packaging industry:
2) the current trend is alternative packaging options, such as recycled paper packaging, eco-packaging.
Polo Handels AG are following all trends and our paper supplier, Weig, is ready to provide a solution for the mentioned trend – recycled paper, moreover our new partner on a Russian market – Koehler Paper Group – presents flexible packaging solutions.
In addition, industry experts presented their vision of the marketing potential of corrugated cardboard packaging.
Solutions from our suppliers will help our customers create functional packaging, give the product additional advantages that can impress even the most demanding consumer – this is a direct way to significantly increase our customer’s profits.
Impressions from the Polo team at the Upakovka 2020
Our team was inspired to start the year with the big international specialized exhibition of packaging technologies UPAKOVKA 2020. It is impressive how companies in the packaging industry improve their performance every day and we also have noticed more and more new companies interested in Russian market. From our experience UPAKOVKA 2020 is a place where customers and clients can cooperate in more informal atmosphere and avoiding rush talk about business processes.
“We did our best to find the most efficient solution to our customers and support them with the best packaging machines and paper!”, says our Food Sales Manager, Oleg Sorokin.
Last but not least, we would like to thank the organizers of the UPAKOVKA 2020 exhibition for the high level of the event and are looking forward to the next Upakovka in Moscow, Russia.
Read more about us on Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook.